Second Notice of Annual Meeting and Election of Directors
Link to Notice
TO ALL MEMBERS: NOTE THAT THE MEETING DATE HAS CHANGED!
Due to Hurricane Dorian and that Governor Ron DeSantis has declared a state of emergency for the entire State of Florida, the Association is rescheduling the Annual Meeting and Election of Directors to Monday, September 16, 2019, at 10:00 AM, at 6972 Lake Gloria Blvd., Orlando, FL 32809. The Annual Meeting of the Association will be held for the purpose of electing Directors and such other business as may lawfully be conducted. The agenda for the Annual Meeting is:
- Appointment of Inspectors of Elections.
- Election of Directors.
- Certifying Quorum – Call to order.
- Proof of Notice of Meeting.
- Reading and disposal of unapproved minutes.
- Reports of Officers.
- Reports of Committees.
- Unfinished Business.
- New Business.
Thirty percent (30%) of all Association Members (a “quorum”) must be present, in person or by proxy, at the meeting, in order for the business to be conducted, excluding election of Directors (no quorum is necessary for the election of Directors). It is therefore VERY IMPORTANT that you either attend or provide a proxy in order to conduct business other than the election of Directors.
PLEASE MAIL IN THE BALLOT AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE BALLOT THAT WAS PROVIDED TO YOU WITH THE ORIGINAL NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEETING AND ELECTION OF DIRECTORS. ANOTHER BALLOT IS NOT ENCLOSED WITH THIS NOTICE.
VOTING BY PROXY
If you are unable to attend the Annual Meeting and wish to vote by proxy, please note the following information about PROXIES:
- A proxy is for the purpose of appointing another person to vote for you as you specifically direct (except for non-substantive items) in the event that you might not be able to attend the meeting. It must be signed by all owners of the unit or the one among them that they designated on a voting certificate. Please note that you cannot vote for Directors by proxy.
- The proxy should be submitted to the Association prior to the scheduled time of the meeting. It can be hand-delivered, either by you or your proxy, electronically transmitted, or mailed to the Association at: Leland Management, 6972 Lake Gloria Blvd., Orlando, FL 32809-3200. It is encouraged that the proxy be submitted as long before the meeting as possible, in order to avoid delay in registration.
- If you appoint a proxy and later decide you will be able to attend the meeting in person, you may withdraw your proxy when you register at the meeting.
- A proxy may be revoked in writing or superseded by a later proxy to another person. It may also be assigned (substituted) by the person designated on the proxy to a third person if the person you designate as proxy decides that he or she will be unable to attend the meeting.
- A proxy form is enclosed with this notice for your use, if needed.
Immediately following the Annual Meeting, the organizational meeting of the Board of Directors will be held for the purpose of electing officers of the Association. Also, immediately after the Annual Meeting, the Board of Directors will meet to consider and adopt a budget for the upcoming Fiscal year. A copy of the proposed budget is attached.
NOTICE OF BOARD MEETING
The agenda for the Board Meeting is as follows:
a. Certifying quorum – Call to Order.
b. Proof of Notice of Meeting.
c. New Business – 1). Elect Officers.
2). Consider and Adopt Budget.
Dated: August 30, 2019.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS