Notice of Annual Meeting and Election of Directors
TO ALL MEMBERS:
On Tuesday, September 3, 2019, at 10:00 AM, at 6972 Lake Gloria Blvd., Orlando, FL 32809, the Annual Meeting of the Association will be held for the purpose of electing Directors and such other business as may lawfully be conducted. The agenda for the Annual Meeting is:
- Appointment of Inspectors of Elections.
- Election of Directors.
- Certifying Quorum – Call to order.
- Proof of Notice of Meeting.
- Reading and disposal of unapproved minutes.
- Reports of Officers.
- Reports of Committees.
- Unfinished Business.
- New Business.
Thirty percent (30%) of all Association Members (a “quorum”) must be present, in person or by proxy, at the meeting, in order for the business to be conducted, excluding election of Directors (no quorum is necessary for the election of Directors). It is therefore VERY IMPORTANT that you either attend or provide a proxy in order to conduct business other than the election of Directors.
Enclosed with this Notice is a ballot for the election of Directors, as well as Information Sheets, prepared by the candidates for the Board, who are solely responsible for their contents. The Association is transmitting this information in accordance with the requirements of Florida Law; however, the Association is not in a position to verify the accuracy of the information or statements contained therein and disclaims any responsibility for the information contained within the Information Statements.
Reminder: Please return your Voting Certificates to Leland Management.
Instructions for Marking and Returning Ballot for Directors.
1. The enclosed ballot lists all candidates who are qualified to run for the Board. There will be three (3) Directors elected. Please vote for no more than three (3) candidates by marking the ballot with an “X” on the box next to the candidate’s name.
2. The ballot must be placed and sealed in the ballot envelope. The ballot envelope must then be placed and sealed in the envelope addressed to the Association and mailed to the Association’s mailing address.
3. You must fill in the unit information, including the Unit number, on the outside of the envelope addressed to the Association and have all owners, or the voting member designated on the Certificate of Appointment of Voting Representative, sign their/his/her name.
4. The ballot must be received by the Association no later than Tuesday, September 3, 2019, at 10:00a.m.
5. If you are going to attend the Annual Meeting, you may cast your ballot at the meeting. Ballots will be available at the meeting.
VOTING BY PROXY
If you are unable to attend the Annual Meeting and wish to vote by proxy, please note the following information about PROXIES:
1. A limited proxy is for the purpose of appointing another person to vote for you as you specifically direct (except for non-substantive items) in the event that you might not be able to attend the meeting. It must be signed by all owners of the unit or the one among them that they designated on a voting certificate. Please note that you cannot vote for Directors by proxy. If you intend to vote for Directors and do not attend the Annual Meeting, you must vote by use of the enclosed Election Ballot.
2. The proxy should be submitted to the Association prior to the scheduled time of the meeting. It can be hand-delivered, either by you or your proxy, electronically transmitted, or mailed to the Association at: Leland Management, 6972 Lake Gloria Blvd., Orlando, FL 32809-3200. It is encouraged that the proxy be submitted as long before the meeting as possible, in order to avoid delay in registration.
3. If you appoint a proxy and later decide you will be able to attend the meeting in person, you may withdraw your proxy when you register at the meeting.
4. A proxy may be revoked in writing or superseded by a later proxy to another person. It may also be assigned (substituted) by the person designated on the proxy to a third person if the person you designate as proxy decides that he or she will be unable to attend the meeting.
5. A proxy form is enclosed with this notice for your use, if needed.
Again, please be sure to mail in your proxy, and your ballot or attend the Annual Meeting.
Immediately following the Annual Meeting, the organizational meeting of the Board of Directors will be held for the purpose of electing officers of the Association. Also, immediately after the Annual Meeting, the Board of Directors will meet to consider and adopt a budget for the upcoming Fiscal year. A copy of the proposed budget is attached.
NOTICE OF BOARD MEETING
The agenda for the Board Meeting is as follows:
- Certifying quorum – Call to Order.
- Proof of Notice of Meeting.
- New Business – 1). Elect Officers.
Dated: August 12, 2019.
2). Consider and Adopt Budget.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The undersigned, owner(s) or designated voter of unit No. ________ in SUNPORT COMMERCE CENTER CONDOMINIUM, appoints (Check one)
______ a) JORGE ECHAVARRIA, SECRETARY of the Association, on behalf of the Board of Directors, or
______ b) _______________________ (if you check b, write in the name of your proxy) as my proxyholder*, with power of substitution, to attend the meeting of the members of SUNPORT COMMERCE CENTER CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION, INC. to be held Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 10:00 AM, at 6972 Lake Gloria Blvd., Orlando, FL 32809. The proxyholder named above has the authority to vote and act for me to the same extent that I would if personally present, with power of substitution, except that my proxyholder’s authority is limited as indicated below:
GENERAL POWERS: By signing this proxy, your proxyholder automatically has general powers to vote on other issues that might come up at the meeting for which a limited proxy is not required (i.e., parliamentary procedure). You can choose not to grant such general powers by checking the box below:
__________ I do not grant general powers to my proxyholder.
Dated: ______________________________, 20______.
SIGNATURE(S) OF OWNER(S) OR DESIGNATED VOTER
*Failure to check either (a) or (b), or, if (b) is checked, failure to write in the name of the proxy, is an appointment of the Secretary of the Association as your proxyholder.
DO NOT COMPLETE THIS SECTION. This section is only to be filled in by the proxyholder if they wish to appoint a substitute proxyholder.
SUBSTITUTION OF PROXY
The undersigned, appointed as proxy above, does hereby designate ___________________________ to substitute for me in the proxy set forth above.
Dated: ________________________, 20____. ___________________________________________
THIS PROXY IS REVOCABLE BY THE UNIT OWNER AND IS VALID ONLY FOR THE MEETING FOR WHICH IT IS GIVEN AND ANY LAWFUL ADJOURNMENT. IN NO EVENT IS THE PROXY VALID FOR MORE THAN NINETY (90) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THE ORIGINAL MEETING FOR WHICH IT WAS GIVEN.
SUNPORT COMMERCE CENTER CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION, INC. BALLOT FOR ELECTING DIRECTORS
Tuesday, September 3, 2019
Vote for no more than three (3) candidates. If you vote for more than three (3) candidates, your ballot will be invalid.